Esmeralda Lino 7AS Filter Coffee
Lino 7AS is part of the Esmeralda Special Reserve, an award-winning coffee collection that has garnered continuous international prizes since they first introduced it fifteen years ago. It is sold by direct trade, outside of the Esmeralda Auction, in small quantities.
At Esmeralda they hand-pick the ripest, redden cherries. Their careful attention ensures an elegant and complex cup, with notes of jasmine, stone fruit and bergamot. Nurtured in the volcanic soils of Boquete and sprinkled with the mists of the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans, this is an exceptional Esmeralda Geisha.
WHY DO WE LOVE ESMERALDA LINO COFFEE?
- Special anaerobic fermentation process for 96 hours
- Slow dried on African raised beds for 11 days
To produce Lino 7AS, they use only recycled water, sourced from the highlands near their mill.
- Proceeds from this coffee have gone to such programs as a school for their pickers' children during harvest with hot meals; a supply of rice, beans, and sardines for all harvesters and their families while they live on the farm; and a bi-annual bonus of at least 30%.
- Lot name: Lino
- Vareital: Geisha
- Farm: Canas Verdes
- Region: Canas Verdes
- Lot Altitude: (+) 1677 meters above sea level
- Process: Slow Dry Washed Process
- Process Description: Anaerobic Fermentation for 96 hours
- Harvest date: March 4th 2020
- Drying Time: Slow Dried on African Raised Beds for 11 days
- Estimated Annual Rainfall: 3500mm
- Average Temperature: Daily 16C - 23C, Nightly: 10C - 15C
- GPS (Lot): 8°45'55"N 82°29'34"W
- Average Coffee Tree Age in Lot: 12 years
- Total ha in Production in Lot: 3.25 ha
- Weight: 100g
- Whole Coffee Beans