COURSE FOR COFFEE LOVERS TO ACQUIRE THE METHODOLOGY OF PROFESSIONAL ANALYSIS OF SENSORY ASPECTS OF COFFEE
Caffeine Lab provides an opportunity to coffee lovers and baristas to learn new methods of professional analyses of coffee's sensory aspects in the procedure of cupping. In this course you will learn the ways to analyse coffee sensory practically and interactively in regards to the quality of the coffee and its respective tasting notes aroma and texture with the use if evaluation protocols. In this course you will learn new ways of building sensory, quality and consumer satisfaction together with post production evaluation in the coffee industry. You will also learn to avoid the mistakes in sensory analysis and also learn the ways to develop a professional panel of coffee testers for research and roasting purpose.
WHAT IS DIFFERENT IN FOUNDATION COURSE
The foundation course will give an insight to learn sensory analysis in a scientific manner. You will see how human organs play role in taste, aroma works. You will learn basic tastes and basic groups of aromas that are found in a coffee. You will acquire knowledge regarding sensory characteristics like mouthfeel, body or flavor. In the practical, you will be trained on getting familiar with procedures, purposes and standards of cupping procedure professionally.
THE SCOPE OF FOUNDATION SENSORY SKILLS COURSE
- Learn basic knowledge of sensory analysis and its significance in coffee tasting.
- The involvement of human senses and their physical construction in sensory analysis og coffee, taste, smell, touch, sight and hearing.
- Detection of 5 basic tastes, sweet, salty, bitter, sour and umami
- Detection of bitter and sour taste and body in a coffee.
- Detection of basic groups of aroma present in a coffee with the implementation of SCA wheel of flavors.
- Knowledge of protocols of coffee tasting with respect to SCA Standards.
- Professional Cupping under SCA Standards
- PREREQUISITES: No experience required
- TIMING:9 am- 5 pm
- DATES: 31st January, 2020
- Duration of the course and certification:1 day (6-8 hours)
- Price:1900 SAR per person