COURSE FOR COFFEE LOVERS TO ACQUIRE THE METHODOLOGY OF PROFESSIONAL ANALYSIS OF SENSORY ASPECTS OF COFFEE
Caffeine Lab provides an opportunity to coffee lovers and baristas to learn new methods of professional analyses of coffee's sensory aspects in the procedure of cupping. In this course you will learn the ways to analyse coffee sensory practically and interactively in regards to the quality of the coffee and its respective tasting notes aroma and texture with the use if evaluation protocols. In this course you will learn new ways of building sensory, quality and consumer satisfaction together with post production evaluation in the coffee industry. You will also learn to avoid the mistakes in sensory analysis and also learn the ways to develop a professional panel of coffee testers for research and roasting purpose.
WHAT IS DIFFERENT IN INTERMEDIATE COURSE?
This level is the development of the foundation level. In this course, you will learn the variations between subjective and objective assessments of coffee and you will learn to develop a sensory panel for coffee testing. In this level, you will be able to analyse the purposes of sensory panel work and you will know what competencies are crucial. You will analyse the sensory attributes of coffee with respect to its acidity, bitterness, sourness, sweetness, body and flavor. You will also be able to define the positive and negative attributes of a coffee. After this training, you will be able to get acquainted with possible errors in sensory evaluation and types of sensory tastes of coffee.
THE SCOPE OF INTERMEDIATE SENSORY SKILLS COURSE
- Difference in objective and subjective assessment of coffee
- Learn to develop a sensory panel of people with respect to its purpose and competencies for testing quality of coffee, its purpose and competencies.
- Learn to analyse sensory attributes of coffee like body, texture, sweetness and astringency.
- Build functional description of coffee with defining negative and positive attributes if coffee like body, texture and acidity.
- Learn to run a professional cupping session.
- The diversity of flavours and aromas in a coffee
- Avoid the possible mistake made during sensory analysis of coffee
- Learn the exclusion test in sensory analysis with respect to their purposes.
- TIMING:9 am - 5 pm
- DATES:1st-2nd February 2020
- For Males only .
- Duration of the course and certification:2 days ( 6-8 hours/day)
- Price:2500 SAR per person